Photo realistic renderings (3D Visualization) as a marketing tool.
Furniture manufacturers are adopting Building Information Modeling (BIM) technologies as a means to compete in the actual furniture market. Manufacturers are digitizing all products generating AutoCAD models and Revit objects to participate in a BIM collaborative network to get specified earlier in projects. Furniture manufacturers & Revit (BIM) implementation result in a competitive advantage maximizing product reach and customer engagement.
According to the latest survey report of the American Institute of Architects, Building Information Modeling (BIM) has reached a popularity peak as it becomes used on nearly all projects at larger firms. Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) firms are finding multiple uses, including design visualization, coordinated construction documents, presentations and renderings.
Renderings as an alternative to traditional photography.
The growing demand for visual content in the furniture industry limits traditional photography as the marketing tool to engage with customers. Traditional photography has great limitations including transportation of furniture to and from a photo studio. Furthermore, most photo studios are limited by environments and backgrounds.
Manufacturers can replace traditional photography by photo realistic renderings (rendering services) to gain real flexibility when creating visual content to be used for marketing purposes, including website images, presentations, brochures and printing materials.
Advantages of photo realistic renderings over traditional photography
Some advantages of photo realistic renderings over traditional photography are:
- Logistic costs: No need to transport products to and from a traditional photo studio.
- Flexibility: Endless options for props, backgrounds, window treatments, flooring, wall coverings and even window views.
- Product changes: Ease of change of product colors or surface finishes.
- Light control: Time and day specification for lighting purposes. Total interior and exterior light control.
- Turnaround time: Less time consuming than traditional photography.
- Costs: Less expensive than traditional photography.
- Asset digitalization: High quality renderings base on 3D models (eg AutoCAD models). When manufacturers digitize assets to create renderings they reach a marketing forefront. 3D models integrate perfectly with other visualization technologies that are popular including Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality.
Servex is aware of the importance of adopting the visual emerging technologies to compete in the furniture market.